The Belgrave area of Leicester has a long tradition of Rugby playing which is comparable to that of any area of the country. When the city's premier side, Leicester Tigers, started playing in Belgrave in 1880, they initially beat the Belgrave team in 1881 by 1G 2T to nil. Although there is some evidence, which suggests that Belgrave St Peter's was already in existence in 1881, it has always been understood by the club that Belgrave St Peter's was founded in 1883.
Belgrave RFC was established in 1883 and in 1999 built a new "Two Storey Clubhouse" the facilities that are now available at Belgrave Rugby Football Club must be as good, if not better than any other amateur club in the Country.
Completed in 1999 and officially opened by Dean Richards (Leicester Tigers and England) the club now offers six fully equipped centrally heated "Changing Rooms" each with its own toilet and shower facilities. A designated "First Aid Room" that hopefully will not be used very often and a "Referee's" changing room complete with shower and wash facilities.