During the First World War, local players and old boys from King Henry VIII Grammar School formed a team from players home on leave from their wartime services. Sometimes during this period the team played under the name of the Warwickshire Yeomanry - named after the County Regiment. It was around 1914 that the club began using the name Coventrians Rugby Club.
A 50th Anniversary celebration was held on 18th Sept 1971 indicating the Coventrians were formed in 1921. A Post card and Post mark were created for the anniversary. In 1930 the school formed its own club, Old Coventrians, and only old boys were eligible to play - hence the two, Coventrians and Old Coventrians, Maudslay Road was still being used as a ground.
The club have had many grounds playing at The Grove, Kenilworth Road, Sheriff Avenue, Boat Inn, Shilton Lane, Kirby Corner Road , Canley and In 1987 the land was sold and a new ground was purchased at the Old Radford Aerodrome.The facilities at the ground include a licensed members bar, four changing rooms two dedicated football pitches. Dedicated floodlit training area, a Crown green bowls pitch and two rugby pitches.